14 November, 2010

I remember.

This post is much more somber and emotional than you are probably used to hearing from me, but sometimes I need to be truly sincere about what I feel.






Thank you for calling me tonight.  I know that you care.  Thank you for talking to me for two hours.  You're a trooper.  Thank you for remembering with me.  I know I remember you, and now I know you do too.  Thank you for making an effort to stay in touch, even though it's been months since we've spoken.  I haven't seen you in 4 months but it feels like just yesterday we were all together.  Thank you for staying on the phone, even though it was terribly bad reception.  I know you meant it.  Thank you for calling me back on your dad's phone when your's died.  I'm glad we could catch up on each other's lives.   Thank you for sharing.  You live pretty far away, but hopefully we'll see each other again.  I really hope so.  I miss you.  Now I can remember what your voice sounds like.  Thank you.




But as for you, on the other hand, do you know that I think about you?  Do you know that I miss you?  Do you remember how we told each other everything?  You're like a sister to me, but I can't tell if you still feel the same way.  I know you sometimes tell me that you want to talk, but do you mean it?  Will you have time for it?  Do you remember how we were there for each other?   I'm not really sure if you care or not, but if you do, you don't show it much.  I hope you care, because I do.  I want to know how you are, when I'll see you again, and if you really plan on visiting.  Maybe you do care.  Maybe I'm just being silly and over sensitive.  You probably won't ever see this, and I don't want you to, but I kind of hope you will.  Please give me a sign.


If you care, would you please show me?  I'll do my best to do the same.

Ben.

No comments: